Old 11-04-2003, 03:44 AM
Jeffrey J. Potoff

Default replanting new roses?

Jane wrote:
Hi people,
I'm thinking my roses are still planted too high for my climate and even
though I just put them in a few weeks ago, I was thinking I should re plant
them deeper. Additionally, I'm considering adding a little extra soil
lightners, since we seem to be under constant rain here and I worry that
their feet will be too wet as they are... Since they're looking alive,
leafing out a little, when may I do this without stressing them more than
they can handle?
Thanks in advance,
Jane in 6b, MD

I used to live in MD. You get two weeks of "winter" every year. If you
have the bud unions level with the ground, they are deep enough. If
it's stressing you out, it shouldn't be a problem to dig them up and
replant, but I would probably leave them alone. You could always raise
the level of bed by adding dirt.

J.