Old 25-12-2008, 01:09 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default Kikuyu Grass and Buffalo Grass War

YMC wrote:
Hello,

My front nature strips are fairly large - originally the lawn had
buffalo grass - but the previous tenant I rented the place out to -
decided to cut long strips of the grass away for his own home. Fat
******* who works for Amway as a big leader.

There were big patches and I unwisely decided to take some overgrown
council kikuyu grass and transplanted them on the bare patches.

That was about 10 years ago. I've since realized the error of doing
that.

The kikuyu and buffalo are now fighting for control. How can I assist
the Buffalo in winning?

You cannot do it other than sterilise the whole lot and start again.

David

-- Posted on news://freenews.netfront.net - Complaints to --