Old 01-01-2009, 01:03 AM posted to triangle.gardens
Craig Watts Craig Watts is offline

Default Is this group still active?

Wes Dukes wrote:
I have not posted for a while. I kind of lost interest while I was
having heart problems, but I seem to be recovering enough to be
interested in gardening again. I actually got my garden tilled this
fall instead of spring as it normally happens.

I just got a Burpee and Stark Brothers catalogs. I plan to plant the
regular stuff. String beans, squash, tomatoes, cucumbers, okra,
peppers(though I specialize in killing them). I have an asparagus bed
as well. Perhaps some snow peas, radish and greens as a early garden.
I have some collards and cabbage now that look pretty good, but I
thought the bugs were going to devour them this fall. So greens for
greenbacks on new years day for us.

Hi Wes,

Thanks for posting in. I am more of a lurker than a
contributor. We also have had our share of health problems
limiting us on what we did the past two years.

We have planted a garden every year but we struggle to keep
it maintained for maximum performance. We do a lot of
canning and that continues to be a great interest of ours.
It really helps to enjoy the garden throughout the calendar
year by canning. A lot of the products we put up are jellys,
tomato sauces and hot pepper sauces.

Good luck with the garden next year and Happy New Year.

Craig in Raleigh

(is this a top posting group or bottom posting group? To
many to keep up with)