Old 04-01-2009, 01:04 PM posted to aus.gardens
terryc terryc is offline

Default Roundup Zero effectiveness on Kikuyu grass lawn

On Sun, 04 Jan 2009 22:31:50 +1100, Dinsdale Pirana wrote:

Interesting. I agree with you about the fact that the plants need to
be active for the best results. But I must admit that I feel that rain
within 24 hours after application is not so good, I have always
assumed that the rain washed the roundup away.

It should have been absorbed by then.

One thing I have found is that using roundup at more than the
recommended dosage (10cc per litre?) is a waste of the product though
I haven't tried using lesser doses.

From what I've been told by other people, you do not need much on Kikuyu,
aka making it stronger has no noticeable effect.