Old 06-01-2009, 05:07 AM
sunflower_info sunflower_info is offline
Registered User

The tallest amaranth I had starting them indoors in the very early spring is 23 feet 2 inches tall. The tallest amaranth I've had from a direct sowing in spring is 21 feet tall. These plants are also capable of producing huge stalks. I've seen stalks over 6 feet around in a single season. This is a scary, big plant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Kirchmeir[_3_] View Post
sunflower_info wrote:
Here are pictures of giant amaranth plants I've had over the years.

Good grief!

Do they grow that size in one season?

--
Wolf Kirchmeir