Old 11-04-2003, 01:56 PM
Shiva

Default Help me choose good ones for this area?

On Thu, 10 Apr 2003 20:46:09 GMT, "Theo Asir"
wrote:

White & Red go great together.

I agree! I love my red and white bed!

Try Gloire Lyonnaise.
Absolute shrubbiest disease and
shade resistant White I've tried.

Or an even more obscure but
fabulous choice Bubble bath.
Hardy & shade resistant.

BUBBLE BATH?

Please tell more.

Or Kaiserin Auguste Viktoria
Vigorousness and Smell that will
knock you out.

I've met this one in person, it sure will.

Or can't fail with Darlows Enigma.

I want it--but the blooms are singles, aren't they?

--
Theo in Zone 5
Kansas City

"Jane" wrote in message
. net...
OK, the jury is back and those 4 twigs I was worried about are definitely
dead. I need replacements which I promise to plant deeply enough to

prevent
this from happening again.
Here's the question.
I have a long border bed out front up against a short hedgerow. In it I

have
4 Mr. Lincolns that are very happy, from the previous owner, who had

nothing
but red out there...I was bored so I took the opportunity to plant some HT
fragrant, saturated coloured roses. So far I've managed to kill many of
them...Moon Shadow, Perfect Moment, Double delight, Chicago Peace....some
other's I can't even remember. A few have decided to live despite my
interference...Henry Fonda, Midas Touch, Tropicana, Fragrant Cloud, and

now
I have room for 4 more prisoners. I apparently have this highly clashing
thing going on here and I'm starting to hate it.
I originally thought I could get a spectrum effect...it didn't look as

good
as I imagined it might. Of course, the other colours never really produced
anything to look at, but I'm willing to move any of the roses elsewhere

for
the sake of better design. Any suggestions for attractive HT roses to work
in my climate, and with my survivors?
I'm in Maryland, in 6b where it's wet and colder than it should be.
I like fragrance and high chroma.
I promise to adhere to better rose care...honest.
Thank you,

Jane