Old 17-01-2009, 07:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider Spider is offline

Default Totally, totally OT but wow!

"Sacha" wrote in message
On 14/1/09 00:13, in article
, "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

On Tue, 13 Jan 2009 23:01:57 +0000, Sacha wrote:

And the above links shows why it would be unwise to use the package on
a commercial web site. The download of the page was so slow. Most
potential customers will have given up within 10 seconds.

It took 10 seconds to start the countdown loading bit. It's been
downloading for 3 mins now and it's at 36%...

Pity. It's brilliant. Just go off and do something else for a minute
or so and then look at it.

I'll sit it out, I suspect it's coming from a slow (or overloaded) server
as the winking lights on my switch are not going anything like the speed
decent download rate comes in at. My BRAS is currently 4.5Mbps.

6 mins 48%...

8 mins 87%...

'Tis nice, and impressive in that it's smooth, even the bits building the
castle on this low powered (by modern standards) PC. Normally things with
that level of detail and movement stutter or jerk their way through.

Well, at least now you've seen all the graphics you can imagine why it
took
so long. ;-) Very, very clever, I think.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com

I've seen it ... it's so brilliant! Computer graphics don't usually impress
me, but this really is excellent .. and very pleasant to watch. Thanks
Sacha.

Spider