Old 11-04-2003, 02:44 PM
Guy Bradley

Default Amish Paste

"G0789" wrote in message
I was wondering if anyone has had luck,good or bad with Amish paste

tomatoes

Thanks

I grew Amish paste tomatoes last year and had fair luck with them. The
yield wasn't high and many of the fruit were damaged, but the taste
was good, for that type of tomato. The plants lasted well into fall
and grew vigorously.

What I like about them is the size. The tomatoes I got were about 6"
long, weighing about as much as three or four Romas. The shape was
odd, roughly a triangular pyramid with a tapered, curved tip.

However, I'm not growing them again this year, so that says something.

Guy Bradley
Chesterfield MO
zone 6