Old 09-02-2009, 11:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty_Hinge[_2_] Rusty_Hinge[_2_] is offline

Default Mini lemon tree - edible fruit?

The message
from Paul contains these words:

Thanks for your input. Sounds like it is edible and the marmalade idea
sounds great.

My mother used to make microwave jam - keeps its colour and fresh flavour.

I got mine in Israel (been here for a few years now -
this tree is about 3 years old and has given about 2 kg of fruit each
year) but, according to Wikipedia at least, it's also grown in the UK.

Yes, under glass, I'd think.

I've found a nice expensive place that sells them - sometimes - average
price of a small tree is thirty quid.

I'll do a bit more searching.

--
Rusty