Old 10-02-2009, 07:39 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Dan L. Dan L. is offline

Default Help, the plants are going to the dogs.

In article ,
Omelet wrote:

In article
,
wrote:

I have two medium size dogs and they both have a thing about tearing
up the potted plants. They have even gone after the tomatoes which are
in 2 ft. heigh planters. What can I do to keep them out of my plants?

Hot wire.

Train them. Get a good dog training book, I like "Good Owners, Great
Dogs, by Brain Kilcommons" an excellent book. You can take dog training
classes in your neighborhood or ask a trainer and see if he provides
free advice. There are sprays for plants that some animals will avoid.
Dogs have very sensitive noses and some plant odors will bother them.

One can also get prickly plants with spines on them. Ouch!

Enjoy Life ... Dan

--
Garden in Zone 5 South East Michigan.