Old 10-02-2009, 07:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty_Hinge[_2_] Rusty_Hinge[_2_] is offline

Default Mini lemon tree - edible fruit?

The message

from Dave Poole contains these words:
Rusty wrote:

I've found a nice expensive place that sells them - sometimes - average
price of a small tree is thirty quid.
I'll do a bit more searching.

Erm, just to make you a bit envious - I bought mine from my local
greengrocer (he often buys in a few interesting things) and paid the
princely sum of £4.00 each for a pair. One went up to the Midlands,
but failed to survive the winter and the other is here.

Could you persuade your greengrocer to start a branch here?

Not only would he sell me the odd 'interesting thing' but he'd sell me
veg as well. We have two shops in the village which sell veg (three
shops in all, but one only sells stamps, sweets and stationery).

The butcher keeps veg in pretty good order, but the choice is - er -
limited, and the other shop has veg rotting in a dark corner.

He'd do business...

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig