Old 15-02-2009, 03:57 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Davy[_2_] Davy[_2_] is offline

Default Keeping duck out with electric fence?

Its the time of year again when a pair of mallard take up
residence on our pond. Looks very charming but they
vandalise all the plants in baskets and eat all my frog
and newt spawn.

I am thinking about running a single strand of electric
fence across the pond - they are certain to bump into it
frequently - especially at night and this may deter them
from visiting.

But I dont want to find a dead duck in my pond. Anybody
any experience of doing what I propose. The system I am
interested in is described as " this unit will produce a
pulsating, High Tension, low energy voltage of approx.
1000 Volts for up to 100 Metre spans. For electrically
operated fences for smaller animals, poultry fences, pigs
etc, or to keep foxes out".

DAvy