Old 16-02-2009, 04:21 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Keeping duck out with electric fence?

On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 09:57:12 EST, Davy
wrote:

Its the time of year again when a pair of mallard take up
residence on our pond. Looks very charming but they
vandalise all the plants in baskets and eat all my frog
and newt spawn.

I am thinking about running a single strand of electric
fence across the pond -
DAvy

I think I'm with Chip, seems the current would go into the water as it
passed thru the duck.

If you located where it isn't freezing a motion sprinkler would do the
trick. If freezing.... bird netting? ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us