Old 18-02-2009, 07:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Vinegar weedkiller?

On 18/2/09 19:07, in article
,
"moghouse" wrote:

On Feb 18, 6:04*pm, "Tim W" wrote:
Did I read somewhere that vinegar makes an effective and safe weedkiller? I
bought a gallon of clear 'spiced non brewed condiment' today for £2 thinking
I would use it on the cobbles where the cats come through the cat flap or
the paths around the vegetable beds. *Anybody want to warn me of the
unforseen?

Tim W

I tried it, when I read on the back of a £3 bottle of Tesco's
weedkiller that it was vinegar. So I spent 35pence on a bottle of the
cheapest, roughest vinegar I could find and.............it proved
totally ineffective!

But did you do a controlled test? How was the weed killer? ;-)
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com