Old 20-02-2009, 09:27 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default In time

In message ,
writes
We have damn-all direct evidence of general relativity at high space-
time stresses, or even that the red shift is due to recession

I disagree with the position that there is a bright line between
observation and inference, but I presume that you consider the various
standard candle techniques, the correlation between luminosity and
redshift, and the variation of galaxy morphology with redshift to be
indirect evidence. Would the light echo of SN 1987A be the greatest
distance that you accept as directly measured?
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley