Old 22-02-2009, 12:29 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Keeping duck out with electric fence?

Thanks to those who suggested netting but last year I
tried that and had many of the problems mentioned above.
Not only that but it looked ugly and prevented me
getting to the pond or even the path around.
DAvy

Not a fan of nets either, at least not during the growing/ponding season.
Usually though you don't have to leave on long to discourage ducks. The
demo pond's was taken off once the irrigation canals were filled.

So I went looking for this one thing that was a metal rod that swung over
the pond periodically (or perhaps it was motion activated) and found this
thing called a Daddi Long Legs:
http://www.critterridders.com/birdscare.htm

Perhaps you could put it on some float? As you scroll down other
preventions are listed when I happened to think Swan Decoy. Seems Swans are
area protective and ducks steer clear? ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us