Old 25-02-2009, 09:03 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Lilah Morgan[_2_] Lilah Morgan[_2_] is offline

Default Waiting for warmer weather

I've been buying seeds like mad, now I get to plant them all...I have
probably 20 (peat or mini plastic ones)pots in my room right now, and I've
started preparing where I will plant roses, and today I've got to start some
flowers, herbs, ground cherries, garlic, onion, and um...forget what
else...I've also got to build a raised bed frame for peas/beans.

"The Cook" wrote in message
Today I started 160 tomato seeds. I have them inside to germinate
since I don't feel like keeping the heat high enough in the greenhouse
for germination. Right now I have over 400 seedlings in the
greenhouse waiting for slightly warmer weather. I have onions,
cabbage, broccoli, broccoli rabe, beets, chard and rhubarb. There are
also a few lettuce seedlings. I have had very poor germination with
lettuce except for my red romaine.

My next project is to plan the garden layout. And then do a second
till to try to get the soil usable for beets. Then I will plant some
peas and lentils.

Anyone else have anything going on now?

--
Susan N.