Old 01-03-2009, 08:56 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Hedda Lettis Hedda Lettis is offline

Default Waiting for warmer weather

"The Cook" wrote in message
Today I started 160 tomato seeds. I have them inside to germinate
since I don't feel like keeping the heat high enough in the greenhouse
for germination. Right now I have over 400 seedlings in the
greenhouse waiting for slightly warmer weather. I have onions,
cabbage, broccoli, broccoli rabe, beets, chard and rhubarb. There are
also a few lettuce seedlings. I have had very poor germination with
lettuce except for my red romaine.

My next project is to plan the garden layout. And then do a second
till to try to get the soil usable for beets. Then I will plant some
peas and lentils.

Anyone else have anything going on now?

I have 2 dozen tomato, pepper and eggplants started in my greenhouse.
They'er up and growing well. I keep the seed flats in the warm sunroom
until germination is almost complete, then move them to the heated GH. Most
veggies are planted right in the ground here in middle TN. I can most and
freeze some.

--
Susan N.