Old 02-03-2009, 02:51 PM posted to aus.gardens
jonno jonno is offline

Default Tomatoes

David Hare-Scott wrote:
FarmI wrote:
What's happening with tomatoes around the country?

We've had limited numbers of decent ones ripening and tis seems to be
common according to what others I've spoken to locally have said.

Same here, poor fruit setting, poor ripening. I have no clear idea
except it may have been too hot until recently for good pollination.

David

For some reason, I've had some good tomatoes in Melbourne, but the
weather has been very hot.
Cucumbers? Forget it they're behind and haven't pollinated properly the
last few weeks.