Old 03-03-2009, 08:00 AM posted to aus.gardens
LindaB LindaB is offline

Default Tomatoes

In south-east Victoria they were slow to start (we had them in late
too). Then there was a bit of wilt/dieback.

However the Romas have come through that well, and have one of the
best crops for years. The Grosse Lisse are but a shadow of previous
years.

We trialled Amish Paste and Earliest of All - and will try them again
next year, although they have not been brilliant in the conditions.
The Amish Paste look promising.

I checked my records - we made our last sauce last year on 28 March,
so they still have plenty of time to ripen.

Cheers

LindaB