Old 07-03-2009, 08:44 AM posted to aus.gardens
SG1[_3_] SG1[_3_] is offline

Default Tomatoes

wrote in message
On Sat, 07 Mar 2009 01:16:13 GMT, "0tterbot" wrote:

other than that we are having/have had
big problems with furry creatures & now the ****ing rabbits are back,

Ahhhh Free meat for the pot..... Yummmm !

Dunno about that. I suspect farmed rabbits are the way to go. Himself
shot one on our back lawn and handed it to me to skin, gut and cook. I
figured it wasn't too dissimilar to a chook so managed the gutting and
skinning OK. Bloody thing got its revenge by being as tough as an old boot
once cooked. I should have just cut it up with some secateurs and given it
to the dogs.

Feral rabbits soak overnight in salt water. Removes the strong gamey taste
that may be offputting to some. Myself I have not been able to skin & gut
the blighters since going thru puberty, me not the bunnies. B4 being 13 I
used to keep the family in underground mutton. Then the smell of warm flesh
made me throw up, but not enough to become a vegie.