Old 08-03-2009, 03:14 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Glenn[_2_] Glenn[_2_] is offline

Default Waiting for warmer weather

I am in the Piedmont (foothills of the Blue ridge mountains) area of
North Carolina. It is also zone 7. You must live near the coast.

I am going to put out the cold weather plants as soon as I can work
the soil. It has rained or snowed for the past 3 days so it may take
a while for the ground to dry enough so that I don't sink up to my
ankles. I usually set out tomatoes after April 15. Eggplant and
peppers go out a couple of weeks later.

--
Susan N.

Yes i am near the coast in the Southern Part of the state Zone 7a to be
exact but I do have microclimates on my property ranging from 6 to 8. Most
of NY state is 6/5 going all the way down to zone 3 near Canada.