Old 09-03-2009, 02:55 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
JonquilJan JonquilJan is offline

Default Waiting for warmer weather

Glenn wrote in message
I am in the Piedmont (foothills of the Blue ridge mountains) area of
North Carolina. It is also zone 7. You must live near the coast.

I am going to put out the cold weather plants as soon as I can work
the soil. It has rained or snowed for the past 3 days so it may take
a while for the ground to dry enough so that I don't sink up to my
ankles. I usually set out tomatoes after April 15. Eggplant and
peppers go out a couple of weeks later.

--
Susan N.

Yes i am near the coast in the Southern Part of the state Zone 7a to be
exact but I do have microclimates on my property ranging from 6 to 8.

Most
of NY state is 6/5 going all the way down to zone 3 near Canada.

That's me - nominally in Zone 4 but consider myself in Zone 3. Waiting for
the snow to melt in northern New York - just east of the eastern end of Lake
Ontario.

JonquilJan

Learn something new every day
As long as you are learning, you are living
When you stop learning, you start dying