Old 11-03-2009, 10:41 PM
Granity Granity is offline
Registered User

Location: Bedfordshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulbed4d View Post
Hi Steve, thanks for the response.
I didn't power wash top of the engine, carb, air filter, only around the base of the engine block.
There is deffo no spark. I'd heard that the magneto coil etc benefits from a good dry out. Is that not your experience?
The mower has been in the shed. Its dry in there but its been pretty cold. I suppose is possible it still could be damp?
I could be coincidence and just need a new spark plug. I'll get one first before i start dismantling!
Flywheel puller? I'll google it see what one of those is.
Thanks again
Paul
You should be able to hire one from a hire shop, you will need to know the f/w diameter. But as Bob Hobden said taping around the edge using a mallet or a hammer with a piece of wood between it and the f/w should do it if it's not too tight.