Old 28-03-2009, 07:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Damping Off - Help Please, please, please

On Mar 28, 3:30*pm, "Pete C" wrote:
Judith Smith wrote:
On Sat, 28 Mar 2009 11:33:50 -0000, "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

snip

Alternatively, what sort of compost are you using? I had a lot of
trouble once with a peat free compost (New Horizons) and cured it by
going back to a peat based compost (Levingtons).

B&Q John Innes Seed Compost - this is the first year I have used it.

I never have probs.........green fingers?
30/32, one inch high in one week. Used JI potting compost, unheated
propogator on chest of draws in bedroom. Watered once mid week. They were
free seeds from magazines....Golden Pearl, and Moneymaker.
--
Pete C
London UK

I have a problem with seed compost here, it is really too heavy does
anyone know of something else that I could use to improve the French
seed compost, it's not fine enough. I tried making my own last year
by sieving earth and a synthetic mixture, I ended up with a lot of
weeds amongst the growing seeds.

Judith