Old 28-03-2009, 08:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
moghouse moghouse is offline

Default Damping Off - Help Please, please, please

On Mar 28, 7:46*pm, Judith in France
wrote:

I have a problem with seed compost here, it is really too heavy does
anyone know of something else that I could use to improve the French
seed compost, it's not fine enough. *I tried making my own last year
by sieving earth and a synthetic mixture, I ended up with a lot of
weeds amongst the growing seeds.

Sieve your earth and then, when you have finished baking, turn off the
oven and stick the earth in for an hour in an old metal baking
tray.That will take care of most of the weed seeds. You might care to
leave the extractor fan running as the aroma does not please everybody.