Old 28-03-2009, 10:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pete C[_2_] Pete C[_2_] is offline

Default What do you use to poison tree stumps?

Chris Hogg wrote:
On Fri, 27 Mar 2009 19:01:42 +0000, Chris ] wrote:

What do you use to poison tree stumps?
And how long does it take before the stump can easily be dug up?

'Root-Out' is the stump killer I use. Drill a few one-inch holes in
the top of the stump, a couple of inches deep, fill with Root-Out'
crystals, cover with a bit of slate to keep the rain out, and the
'Root-Out' will slowly permeate the whole stump and roots and kill it.
But I don't think it speeds up the rotting process particularly.

'Root-Out' is also quite effective at killing ivy, if sprayed onto the
leaves.

That, and all the above are only effective in the loooong term. You gotta
dig.....dig.....dig.....the stump ain't gonna fall over and pop out for you

--
Pete C
London UK