Old 31-03-2009, 10:03 PM
Bevilready Bevilready is offline
Registered User

Default Webb Starting woes

Hi,
I have just inherited an old Webb cylinder mower with a Briggs and Stratton 2.0hp engine on it. I have taken the spark plug out and cleaned it and re-gapped it but there isn't a spark from the plug when I try to earth it to the cylinder head. However if I place a screwdriver up the HT lead and turn the engine over it gives a good shock. The engine won't start, I've even poured a splash of fuel into the cylinder but no joy. Can anyone help? does it need a new plug or something?