Old 13-04-2003, 11:44 AM
Richard Savage

Default Toads or Frogs

Can anyone help me differentiate between frog- and toad-spawn? Or
redirect me to a more appropriate forum for this question?

I have two ponds; one (the older) has always hosted frog-spawn, the
newer pond has a large ball of what looks like frog-spawn but the eggs
(?) are larger and more distinct and spherical than the frog-spawn which
is a more amorphous mass. It, the unknown spawn, is on the bottom of
the new pond but this is probably because there is no vegetation for it
to attach to.

Both bundles (?) of spawn are producing tadpoles at present.

TIA

Richard