Old 08-04-2009, 05:49 PM posted to triangle.gardens
Richard Evans Richard Evans is offline

Default Building wooden containers

KTTT wrote:

You can use PVC boards, or "plastic wood", from Home Depot. Lowes also
carries a different brand with different characteristics.

The stuff I looked at at Lowe's is prohibitively expensive. Where a 1
x 6 x 8 PT board is under $5, the same size plastic wood is over $32.
They did have some on sale for $23, but still way too expensive.

I came across this on the Web: "If you have to use a wood
preservative to keep wood from rotting, use a copper napthenate
product"

I'll probably go with pine and the CN preservative, assuming I can
find such preservative.