Old 14-04-2009, 02:42 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
eeyore eeyore is offline

Default Orthenex

A bit off topic, but I was growing my orchids next to a gardenia plant
(which seem to be bug magnets) and have what I've been thinking is mealy
bugs. Though cottony scale sounds like it could also be a candidate. I
looked on google and scale seems to move slowly and my "pets" move quickly
when disturbed. How do you tell the difference?

"Chris Savas" wrote in message
ng.com...
Hi, all,

I have been using Orthenex in my general insect controll spraying. I have
been buying and using the 16 Fl oz size, but have run out. I have looked
in
five different stores and can't find it.

So, what should I look for to use on my orchids (just over 100 plants)? I
have
spotted a couple of plants that have some cottony scale. I have used it
because it is systemic.

Thanks.
Chris in Central Florida
(Remove not from the address to respond directly.)

.