Old 14-04-2009, 02:26 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty_Hinge[_2_] Rusty_Hinge[_2_] is offline

Default Blood Fish and Bone

The message
from Janet Baraclough contains these words:

I've put our dead cats, roadkill, stripped chicken carcases (after
they'd been boiled for stock) , fish heads, my dog's old beef bones,
into planting holes
for roses (and rhubarb). Dig the hole deeper than normal , carcase at
the bottom, a little earth on top then plant as usual. The roots will
quickly reach down to the feed.
I've done this for decades and never had any of the graves dug up or
plants disturbed, by pets or wildlife.

I dug a deep hole and filled the bottom with old bones, then planted a
vine over it.

A rat decided to do some bone mining, but he chose the wrong time to
emerge, and joined the nutrients...

--
Rusty