Old 14-04-2009, 10:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pete C[_2_] Pete C[_2_] is offline

Default Planted some potatoes yesterday!

David in Normandy wrote:
AriesVal wrote:
On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 17:52:39 +0200, David in Normandy wrote:

The first runner bean is also poking its head above the ground too
today.

gosh that's early, when did you put the seed in? I put mine in
about a week ago so no sign of them popping through just yet.

I set some runner bean seeds about a month ago fully expecting them to
get frosted. I've got lots of seed, I save them from one year to the
next for free. :-) so don't care if some get killed. I planted more
seeds yesterday around the remainder of the canes. It's nice to get an
early start with gardening and get an early harvest.

I wasn't so lucky with the carrot seed and parsnip seed though. I set
a row of each a month ago and they haven't come up. Unfortunately
lots of weeds came up in the same spot, so I've hoed them all out
today and set new seeds. Some you win, some you lose.

My peas are looking good. They are around 3 inches high and putting
out tendrils looking for the pea sticks.

Peas planted 3 weeks ago now 3". More planted yesterday. More in newspaper
pots soon for lotty
--
Pete C
London UK