Old 17-04-2009, 01:30 AM posted to triangle.gardens
Daniel B. Martin Daniel B. Martin is offline

Default Here Come the Deer again

Pat Barber wrote:
That's not going to fix the rose problem, but your other
choice is fix your place up like a POW camp with a VERY
high(8' fence) that has electricity.

Our vegetable garden is surrounded by a wire fence 8' high,
without electricity. I don't like the way it looks but
there is
no choice. No fence = no crops.

Deer are not the only problem. A flock of Canada geese lives
on a nearby pond. They visit my back yard every day. Geese
*love* tomatoes. They will steal any tomato they can reach,
with that long neck stuck through the fence. WRT geese,
no fence = no tomatoes.

Daniel B. Martin