Old 14-04-2003, 08:56 AM
Tony Ashton

Default [IBC] is it time to collect?

Before you traipse into the cascade foothills to find yourself that perfect
Mountain Hemlock, Lodge pole Pine, or hit the Columbia basin for a Western
Juniper, I would suggest you join the Puget Sound Bonsai Association (
http://psba.8m.com/ ). They meet near the UW campus, centrally located to
most of Seattle. Aligning yourself with this group will also get you in on
the action early for the Pacific Northwest Bonsai Convention, which is being
hosted in Seattle by the PSBA this year. Not to mention, Dave Degroot
(Pacific Rim Bonsai Collection at Weyerhaeuser
http://www.weyerhaeuser.com/aboutus/...arters/bonsaic
ollectionb.asp ) is giving Free (YES FREE!) seminars every other Sunday ( i
believe ) this year starting in May...Go... you MUST GO! When you get done
with that, head to Bonsai Northwest (http://www.bonsainw.com/default.asp )
and visit, shop, drool, shop some more, clean up embarrassing drool...

Then, After you have had the chance to learn the basics and done all of the
above - hook up with someone experienced who is going collecting.

Tony Ashton
Portland Oregon