Old 02-05-2009, 11:21 PM posted to triangle.gardens
Jen McQ Jen McQ is offline

Default Bogolan Fini (Mudcloth) Modified Workshop with Judy Dominic

Bogolan Fini (Mudcloth) Modified Workshop with Judy Dominic
June 14-20, 2009
Shakerag Workshops (Sewanee, TN)
www.shakerag.org

Course Description:
The strikingly simple white design on black background cloth
represents the serious artistic manner of telling the stories of
village life in Mali, Africa. Participants in this workshop will learn
about the non-scientific traditional method of bogolanfini, dyeing
cotton cloth with mud, as well as how that process can be modified to
work outside of Mali. We will create our own story designs during the
workshop, using local muds on cotton and/or other natural fiber cloth.
Participants may be as serious or laid back as you like, and enjoy the
beauty of the earth while gaining an appreciation for the people and
culture of Mali.