Old 05-05-2009, 07:21 AM
stevenyoung19 stevenyoung19 is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Petro View Post
I grow tomatoes, peppers and cucumbers but I am at a loss as to the type
of fertilizer to use and how much.
Every one sold in the gardening centers has a different ratio and they all
claim to be the best.
I added manure when I transplanted the plants to the garden. I read that I shouldn't fertilize again until the plants start putting out fruit. They are starting to flower so that probably isn't too far off. What should I use as organic fertilizer? I started making a compost tea to soak into the soil and I think I can get some cow manure from my lake house this weekend. Is that all I need?
It's important that I keep plants healthy and producing b/c if problems arise I know my Dad will start using Miracle Gro.

Thanks, Steven