Old 05-05-2009, 05:36 PM
Bolens2136 Bolens2136 is offline
Registered User

Thumbs up

[quote=RafD;344231]Just got my first ride on mower yesterday, took me 5 years to afford one
(used). It's an oldie, Bolens 2136, rear engine with a B&S 11hp IC motor,
twin cutters type. I would have preferred a more mini tractor style but I
couldn't afford them. But that's another story. I'm on just over an acre on
the mid-north coast (NSW) and I'm the only mug in the estate who was still
pushing a mower...till now!

Hello Rafd,
My son was just given a Bolens 2136. And as his farther i have been given the job of repairing it. I think I have the same problem as you. I cant find any information out there. The model & serial numbers are no longer on file. I called the Bolens customer care center. And they were unable help me. The lady kept saying the serial number should be 11 numbers and mine is only 7. (0300105) . So she couldnt help me. I would like a parts list for the mower and the engine. I quess you would to. If I find out any thing I'll let you know. And maybe you could do the same. ) I have the history of Bolens company and It has been sold many times . Witch could be the problem. Luckly I only need a few belts and maybe a float for the carburator. But a parts break down would be helpful in the future. If you get luckly with your project . Let me know any info you find out . Thanks