Old 07-05-2009, 08:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default Trouble growing Lily of the Valley

On 2009-05-07 13:05:16 +0100, moghouse said:

I don't know why this did not occur to me before when we were talking
about LotV, but on my way back from the greenhouse just now I passed a
container that nudged my memory.
While sorting out one of my cold frames a few weeks ago I came across
several small pots of LotV that I had potted up last year but did not
get sold. Not needing any more in the garden, I stuck them all in an
empty container. They are now thriving and just coming on to bloom. Of
course I cannot say yet if they will continue to do well there but I
don't see why not. So if you have a garden that will not accept LotV
why not try them in a container?

I'm going to find some vile old compost, a couple of stone of rubble
and chuck some bulbs into a container with it. I'll let you know next
year!

You should be reported to the RSPCLofV!

They deserve it, I tell you!! ;-) No more Mrs Nice!
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
Exotic plants, shrubs & perennials
South Devon