Old 07-05-2009, 11:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default Trouble growing Lily of the Valley

On 2009-05-07 21:23:13 +0100, "alan.holmes" said:

"moghouse" wrote in message
On May 7, 7:06 pm, Sacha wrote:
I'm going to find some vile old compost, a couple of stone of rubble
and chuck some bulbs into a container with it. I'll let you know next
year!

Perhaps you should omit the compost?

I could chuck in a handful of tin tacks if it would help!

I was thinking more in terms of if you could build a brick wall half
way across the container - mine are real garden wall huggers.

Is the wall on the north side of the garden?

Cos LOTV always travel north.

Alan

Honestly, Alan, they have had the choice of the whole damned compass
here. And yes, one of them was northing facing - we didn't get so much
as a leaf!
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
Exotic plants, shrubs & perennials