Old 14-04-2003, 03:08 PM
Andy

Default Is it possible to replant "fully grown" hedges?

We've purchased a house with some type of cedar hedge that was planted
incorrectly (basically not along the property line). The hedge is a
bit sparse in places, and it is about three feet high and not well
maintained.

The neighbor (same one who planted the hedge years ago) want to put in
a fence. We'd like to keep some kind of hedge on our side of the
(likely chain) fence.

Questions:
- can you replant cedar hedges when they're that grown?

- if we were to replace the hedge, how quickly would they grown to
three feet (optimally we want at least six feet, eventually)... what
type of hedge would be best for the new york state area?

Any hints would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

-A