Old 09-05-2009, 12:45 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_7_] Billy[_7_] is offline

Default Ticks in my garden?

In article ,
phorbin wrote:

In article 1bf6adcc-9f9f-4a03-90aa-59dcf2be6050
@o27g2000vbd.googlegroups.com, says...
On May 8, 3:30*pm, Sam wrote:
Thanks! *They definitely could be spider mites!

Also it said that they like moisture. It's been raining here for 2
weeks straight! I'm having issues w/ slugs too. And the beer cups
ain't working! Oh well. Hopefully it will dry up soon!

How about something like thid:

http://www.leevalley.com/garden/page...41&cat=2,51555

You can do night patrols, set up traps, buy 'em beer, corner the market
on copper but if you just want to get rid of them and not have your
plants shredded, you want iron phosphate (ferric phosphate actually but
that seems to scare people off). It is sold as SLUGGO, Home Despot has
an in house version and I'm sure that other large hardware chains have
it too. It is a bait. It poisons the slug. I'm not proud to use it but I
am able to protect my plants from marauding gangs of gastropods. It is
safe for everything (pets, birds, kids, can be used the day before
harvest), except slug and snails.

http://www.tulsaschools.org/employee...MSDS_F/FF140.p
df
Ferric Phosphate is used as a nutrient and/or dietary supplement food
additive. Also used as a trace mineral added to animal feeds.
--

- Billy