Old 09-05-2009, 12:54 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default Lest we forget

"FarmI" wrote:
Charlie wrote:

Lovey yelled out to my manhole and had me turn
on the telly where they were showing a fruit called Chocolate Pudding
Fruit...looking it up on-the-line it was called Black Sapote.

You had it or have it? It sounds delightful.

Never eaten it but read about it lots of times. It needs far more warmth
than where I live. I have trouble keeping a lemon tree alive outside so
Sapote is out for me.

When I lived in Belize the various types of sapote were very popular ice
cream flavors. Sapote trees should grow wherever citrus grows. Many
tropical fruits do not ship well but Hispanic markets often sell a variety
frozen and as beverages.
http://www.thefruitpages.com/chocolatefruit.shtml