Old 14-04-2003, 04:20 PM
SugarChile

Default Pruning Rose of Sharon?

Here in PA, the forsythia are in full bloom, the daffodils are just
starting, the lilacs are starting to show green, but the RoS are still
dormant. I would expect things to be a bit further along in Virginia, but
it's been a rough winter and a wacky spring, so it's hard to say.....If
you're worried, you can scrape a bit of bark off of a twig with your
fingernail. If it shows green underneath, it's fine. RoS are tough plants,
so I wouldn't be too concerned.

Cheers,
Sue

Zone 6, Southcentral PA

"Natty_Dread" wrote in message
Great! Thanks for the info. Should the plant have started to leaf out

yet?
What I have as of now looks like a bunch of bumpy sticks, unlike my other
bushes which have started to show green.

Rhonda