Old 14-04-2003, 06:44 PM
Susan H. Simko

Default Which darn catalog?

laurie (Mother Mastiff) wrote:

Thanks for the info! What size pot do Nor'east Miniatures send minis in? I
see a lot of the mail-order minis are sent in 3x3 pots, but apparently some
are raised in 3x3x6 (tree pots) which allow for much better root
development, and others are 3x3x4.

Can't remember to be honest. I know that the pots were on the small
size but the roses are doing terrifically. Slit the root ball or gently
open it up some before you plant them and this will encourage new root
growth.

How tall and wide were your plants? I want to plant mine in some 12"
hanging pots I use for the front porch. Don't know if I should get two per
pot (if they are small) or one....

Only get one. Roses grow and usually rather quickly. Two would be way
too much for the pot at full size. You may want to verify that these
minis will survive in a pot that size long term. Minis have the same
light requirements as full size roses. Do you get at least 6 hours of
direct light on your porch or, at least on the spot where the baskets
would hang?

I'm another purple / lavendar / mauve fan and a major rose lover. I
have two Blue Girl rose bushes in my front yard that tend to bloom
lavendar. (Purple is also the major accent colour inside my house.
*grin*)

Susan
s h simko at duke dot edu