Old 14-05-2009, 06:52 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
wendy7 wendy7 is offline

Default Which type should I start with

Dear PeterGreenMan,
I notice that your post is out of the gardenbanter so I think
you are from
across the pond no?
Anyway, do yourself a favour & find your nearest orchid society
& go to a
meeting. You will find some wonderful people that grow in your area & can
give you
first hand advice.
Important factors are shaded sunlight & watering habits. In
the mean time,
check out Ray's web site, he is amazingly knowledgeable & always helpful.
Good luck!
Cheers Wendy

"PeterGreenMan" wrote in message

I've never grown orchids before but would like to grow ones that have
vivid rich colours. I know there are several types but which type
should I start with as a beginner? Thanks

--
PeterGreenMan