Old 16-05-2009, 01:38 AM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible,uk.rec.gardening
Billy[_7_] Billy[_7_] is offline

Default Energy, health care, agriculture, climate change, global outbreaks like swine flu

In article , Charlie wrote:

On Fri, 15 May 2009 15:35:47 -0700, Billy
wrote:

If you want a conspiracy, you might look at Donald Rumsfeld who owned
stock in the company that developed Tamiflu, and he continued to hold
Tamiflu stock during his tenure as Secretary of Defense, in clear
violation of the law that required him to divest himself of the stock.
Cheney (Halliburton) never divested either. What do you think the
chances are that their actions benefited their portfolios performances?

Hmmmm.....what is the shelf life of Tamiflu?

Five years, from what I read.

When was the global fiasco over avian flu that prompted the
manufacture of a gazilllion doses of Tamiflu. A gaziliion doses that
weren't used for a pandemic that didn't materialize, even though we
recently supposedly had a major effup in Europe with a vaccine
containing live virus H5N1? Hmmmmmm.......

Hmmmmm.......wonder how much Tamiflu, from that manufacture, has been
sold recently, in order to deal with the, uh, supposed outbreak of
this funky strain of "swine flu", a strain that carries some
interesting dna.

Four years ago I was forced to go to the doc concerning cellulitis
that I developed in my elbow. I've had it before and it is a serious
deal. In the past, keflex (cephalosporins) were administered IM to
infiltrate with an oral course. This last time I couldn't get the
effing doc to use that. I ended up with a shot of Rocephen in my ass,
a long way from the elbow and a scrip for.....tada.....ciprofloxicin,
of which a gazillion doses had been manufactured for the supposed
terrorist anthrax debacle. BTW, I reacted very badly to that shit and
so did my sister in law who had cipro used on her after surgery. It
damn near killed her. She had to be transferred to Bigtown Hosp for a
week.

Whadda ya think, Billy. Concern for the public health?

As Galileo said, "All truths are easy to understand once they are
discovered; the point is to discover them."

and then get them past the censors, who block or distort beyond all
recognition. The corporate press is rigged. That is the one thing that
both the left and the right agree on.

Charlie

According to Naomi Klein, "Before he reentered government, Rumsfeld was
so convinced that he was on to a hot new industry that he helped found
several private investment funds specializing in biotechnology and
pharmaceuticals. These companies are banking on an apocalyptic future of
rampant disease, one in which governments are forced to buy, at top
dollar, whatever lifesaving products the private sector has under
patent."

These, like Tamiflu, will most likely be developed on grants funded by
taxpayers.

At least we will be getting something for the money, unlike our present
scenario.

You think Rummy's has an idea where all this is headed? Does Rummy
gamble?
--

- Billy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=En2TzBE0lp4