Old 17-05-2009, 11:24 AM posted to triangle.gardens
mj mj is offline

Default Oh Deer

On May 16, 4:31*pm, "Daniel B. Martin"
wrote:
mj wrote:
If anyone is still reading this group, the hops worked for one night.

Perhaps you received no response to the idea of hops as a deer
repellent because nobody has tried it... or they thought it
was a joke.

We installed an electric fence today. This better work !!!!

A fence will work. * It doesn't have to be electric. * My
garden is
surrounded by a conventional wire fence. * Bambi visits
every night
but does not bother the garden.

Suggestion: Anyone erecting a deer-exclusion fence should
tie strips
of white fabric to the fence wire. * This helps the deer see
the fence.

Daniel B. Martin

It was no joke, desperation perhaps. The fence works great. We never
concidered it because we thought it would be to expensive but we put
ir up for less than $40.00.
MJ