Old 14-04-2003, 09:08 PM
MG

Default Bamboo from B&Q - need info

On Sun, 6 Apr 2003 08:16:14 +0000 (UTC), "AWM"
wrote:

"Andrew Thomson" wrote in message
m...
I had a look around B&Q today. They are doing a bamboo that they call
'Jumbo'. I've had a look around the internet and since I can't find anyone
else with info on Bamboo 'Jumbo', I'm assuming that this is not the
official name for this plant.

The plant info card describes the height as 180-240cm, which doesn't seem
jumbo in comparison to some of the bamboos I've seen.

Does anyone know anything about this plant? Does anyone have any

experience
with it and tips on how it grows and how to treat it?

Andrew Thomson

WARNING !

Only ever plant in some sort of container -- if you want to plant in ground
plant in a semi buried the container to restrict roots.
If you don't do this you will have resort to controlling it by use of
several tons of "Agent Orange".

In my situation I WANT MASSIVE GROWTH !!! But my bamboo has only 2
young stems and no sign of any rampant behaviour!!! How to stimulate
it??

MG