Old 24-05-2009, 09:50 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kate Morgan Kate Morgan is offline

Default How common is Common Bistort?

Hi all.
Today whilst driving along a narrow lane, I came upon a mass of Common
Bistort, not daffodils! They looked beautiful…. But I’ve never seen
them before, not where I live, south Wales. So just how common are
they?

Not very common round here. I've been collecting observations on the local
flora for the last two years, and I've only found the one locality, and
that with only a few plants.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Its only when someone draws your attention to plants that you suddenly
notice them, for me anyway. I will have a good look around this morning and
have a wander down the lane. I don't think I will find anything down there
apart from Cow Parsley, one of my favorites.

kate